Various accounts of my life's experiences as I continue my journey through the unknown portals of life. Accounts both past and present while looking to the future.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

WHEN FAITH IS TESTED

Well another week has gone by and I still am in the dark concerning my immediate and long term future. My life changed two years ago as I've stated already in prior blogs. I am experiencing the greatest challenge of my life which is affecting me physically, emotionally and spiritually.

I have no idea what my future holds. There are some days when I am more optomistic than other days, but I know that whatever I am going through right now is part of God's divine plan for my life. Sometimes, God just doesn't make any sense and when that happens, FAITH has to take over.

I must say that since my mini stroke on August 13th and subsequent medical leave for the past 6 months, (not physically able to hold down a job due to extreme fatigue), God has stood in the gap and in miraculous ways provided for us financially and in other ways. It is nothing short of an ongoing miracle. One day, when I look back over these past few years and reflect upon God's involvement in our lives and situation, I will need to write down an accurate account of God's provision which has quadrupled my faith. My hope is that all who will read that account will be blessed and that their faith would be strengthened to know that God cares and is still very involved in the lives of those who are Christ followers and put their faith and trust in God.

My life verse has a much greater meaning for me these days than ever before. That verse is Proverbs 3: 5,6 which states:

(KJV) "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, but in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.." .

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but this I DO know, that my God is faithful and will perform His will in my life whatever that may be. In the meantime, I'm learning to REST in Him even when He doesn't make any sense.

How about you? Are you going through a difficult time in your live today? Are you wondering where God is in the midst of your struggles? God is ever present during the good times and not so good times. Remember, when God doesn't make any sense and all seems hopeless, that is where FAITH comes in. TRUST him with all your heart. God is faithful and will not let you down. He will provide for you in His own way and in His own time.

One of my favorite songs is titled Through It All and part of the lyrics reads:

"I thank God for the mountains, and I thank Him for the valleys, I thank Him for the storms He's brought me through; for if I never had a problem, I wouldn't know that He could solve them, I wouldn't know what faith in God could do".

Amen and Amen!!!!!

No comments: