Various accounts of my life's experiences as I continue my journey through the unknown portals of life. Accounts both past and present while looking to the future.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

CABIN ON THE LAKE

Dear Readers,

I am a pilgrim who's on a journey through this life with God leading the way. My life suffered a drastic change about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then there have been many twists and turns. The following true account I am using as my first post because it was at that moment that my perspective on life and indeed my life itself changed forever!! Here is that account:


CABIN ON THE LAKE
AN ACTUAL VISION:
MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT
John C. Edwards 1-27-07

I was in a cabin on a large lake. The cabin was one of those that had a row of windows on one side facing the lake. All of the windows were open with screens exposed.

A gentle breeze was flowing through the open windows, very comfortable and serene. My family and close friends were with me as we were enjoying one another’s company.

We were all gathered together in the family room overlooking the lake when the breeze became noticeably stronger. Then suddenly the sirens began to sound so we turned on the TV to find that a storm warning had indeed been issued and that everyone should seek cover immediately.

The reporter said there was a disturbance traveling directly toward us across the lake. It was producing straight line winds of 70-80 MPH. The announcement said “Seek Safety Immediately”.

The breeze became a wind growing in intensity with every passing moment. We had no basement. I became concerned for the safety of those around me and proceeded to help them find safety so they could withstand the approaching wind. All the while, the wind continued to grow in intensity. My sole concern was for their safety. Once safely secured, each of them implored me to seek shelter and secure myself before it became too late.

However, I was convinced that I’d be ok and that I was strong enough to withstand the storm. I continued being more concerned for their safety. The wind continued to grow in strength and it was becoming more difficult to buck the wind.

I stood fast and began to face the wind head on, being only able to move inches at a time. With my head bowed, I stubbornly tried to advance against the wind.

By this time everyone was screaming “John, you can’t stand up against this storm, please find cover!” Suddenly, the wind lifted me off the ground and transported me into the adjoining room – slamming me against the wall. With my back firmly against the wall, I feared that the wall would give way and I would enter the point of no return.

Therefore, I had no choice but to seek cover. Looking across the room, I noticed I was in the kitchen and saw a work table next to the stove. I slowly and with every ounce of strength made my way across the room to the table, crawled underneath firmly secured under the table with my back against the stove.
Not long after I found shelter, the storm passed, the wind died down and became a gentle breeze once again. I then left my place of safety to find that everyone I was so concerned for were indeed safe and sound.

I then woke up and began reflecting upon this dream. I looked at the clock and saw it was 2:10 am. Shortly thereafter, the interpretation came to me.


INTERPRETATION:

The cabin represents my personal environment
(Home, Family, Friends, etc..).

The windstorm represents the pressures of life and the excessive amounts of stress related to work conditions.

The table and stove represent a place of safety (in this case, the Hospital).

Before being admitted to the hospital, I was facing an equivalent to a 70-80 MPH straight line wind. People warned me of endangering my health and personal well being if I continued to face the storm head on (my workload was too much for one person to handle). They urged me to find shelter (change of pace – even a different line of work if necessary), but I failed to heed their advice. I stubbornly continued to face the storm head on. As a result, I indeed found myself with my back slammed against the wall.

With my back against the wall, I finally realized that I need to accept my limitations and that I cannot fix everyone’s problem. Nor could I continue to work as though I was some super human invincible. So, I agreed to seek shelter and help (Hospital). I realized that if I continued to face the stresses of work and pressures of life without help, I could very well end up physically and psychologically at a point of no return.

Therefore, on January 24th, 2007 I reluctantly agreed to enter the hospital for necessary medical attention and counsel so that one day soon, I would be able to leave this place of safety and venture out once again to lead a productive and a more balanced life.

By that time, the windstorm will have passed and I could once again enjoy the gentle breeze with my family and friends.

I was released from the hospital on January 31st, 2007.

With God’s help, I am beginning to write a new chapter in my life while seeking a proper balance between my Mind, Body and Spirit.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

"O God, you are our refuge......when we are exhausted by life's efforts; when we are bewildered by life's problems; when we are wounded by life's sorrows.....we come for refuge to you. Amen." — William Barclay---

1 comment:

Rena said...

Very good interpretation of your dream. It would be interesting to hear the words Paul Harvey, "the rest of the story." Nice start on your post.