Various accounts of my life's experiences as I continue my journey through the unknown portals of life. Accounts both past and present while looking to the future.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Are You Committed Or Surrendered??

Dear Readers,

As I continue my journey I have been contemplating the issue of coping with my limitations and I received one response from another reader/friend of mine which truly helped me see my situation from a different perspective. Then on Sunday, our pastor was preaching on the difference between being "committed" and "surrendered". We can commit to anything without being totally surrendered. For instance, I can commit my life to Christ and yet not surrender my whole life to Him. Holding areas of my life back from His control. The same is true with my situation. As I have said in an earlier post, the battle is God's, not mine. Therefore, it is important to not only "commit" my situation to God but totally "surrender" it to Him. I need to trust Him no matter what the future holds. Sunday, I surrendered my health condition and all that goes with it including my difficulty dealing with limitations to Him. Now I have a peace about whatever lies ahead. The friend that responded also helped guide me in the right direction by recommending a book written by a brain surgeon who had suffered a massive stroke and fought her way back. I find her story to be inspirational.

How about you? Are you struggling with issues that seemingly have no answers? Are you trying to live life on your own? Are you struggling with changing circumstances that are completely out of your control with an uncertain future? I recommend that you consider drawing closer to God and ask yourself, who is in control of your life and situation?? I challenge you to cross the line and put Christ in control by surrendering your life and your struggles to his care and keeping. He will NOT let you down.

Blessings to all.

No comments: